Freelance Writer/InternWord Stylist
CopywriterFragrances of Wine
Editorial / Journalism InternDailyDAC, LLC d/b/a Financial Poise
Blog WriterBreak the Silence Against Domestic Violence
Assistant Managing EditorLPB Media
Editors invited to intern for The Epoch Herald, an international magazine.The Epoch Herald
Social Media Writing internship at Media company in the Editorial DeptNew Media Publishing Group
PR / Journalism Intern ExtraordinairePahRoo
Editorial InternBookmark This
Technology Business Research, Inc.
11 Merrill Industrial Drive
Posted: April 11 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionTechnology Business Research (TBR) is a leading Information and Communications Technology (ICT) market research and consulting firm growing rapidly in an exciting market. TBR offers a fast-paced work environment in the ICT field for qualified candidates seeking challenges and opportunity. TBR works closely with executives throughout the ICT industry, supporting multi-million dollar decisions.
This position is an excellent entry-level opportunity to gain experience and responsibility with the possibility of transitioning to a full-time job upon graduation. The TBR environment provides broad exposure to the business and strategies of global ICT companies. Areas of specialization include: computing (PCs, mobile devices), software, networking/telecommunications and professional services.
Position: We are seeking an editorial intern (12-24 hours/week) on-site to assist the editorial team at TBR. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a vibrant team at an established company that is proud of its employees and their continued successes.
ResponsibilitiesThe ideal candidate is enthusiastic, detail-oriented and hard-working, has both creative and analytical aptitude, and has a passion for editorial excellence. The ability to understand business writing is essential, and an affinity for technology and/or financial content is preferred. The editor will assist in copyediting and proofreading documents for grammar, style and logic flow using Microsoft Office software (particularly PowerPoint, Excel and Word).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Keen attention to detail and a drive for top-notch quality
- Coursework toward a Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, or related field
- One or more years' editing or proofreading experience
- Proficiency with MS Office, particularly in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize and shift gears whenever needed
- Proven ability to work accurately under deadline pressure while maintaining an upbeat attitude
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback as a member of the editorial team
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify potential errors in data sets
- Knowledge of or ability to quickly learn AP style
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Office, Editing, Communication, Attention To Detail, Business Journalism
Preferred - AP Style