Paid Summer Editorial Intern to Dig Into the Business of Wall StreetInvestmentWires
Digital Editor For Music Blog757 Media
Content Writer, Christian LifestyleThe Gospel Live
Newsletter NinjaBeloved Streets of America
Editorial / Journalism InternTBC Media Group, LLC
Editorial / Journalism InternDirect Cannabis Network
Fashion Writer InternThe Quintessential Gentleman
Editorial / Journalism InternOphir Energy Plc.
Editorial InternBookmark This
10815 Rancho Bernardo Rd. Suite #370
San Diego, CA
Posted: August 03 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSocialholic Network is a digital media company with a collection of premium brands that delivers engaged audiences in over 15 countries. We have an in-house content development team that stays ahead of trends and consistently delivers content that fills the need online for original, entertaining and addicting content. Our team utilizes social media platforms to guarantee that our brands have the furthest reach possible, with over 10 million loyal readers each month.
Socialholic Network is seeking a creative, passionate and reliable Editorial Intern who’s ready to hit the ground running. Here at Socialholic, we know how to work hard and play hard. We’ll never make you fetch us coffee (that’s what our Keurig is for) or do other monotonous “intern work”. The Editorial Intern will work closely with our content team to research, plan and execute strategy with the goal of building engagement around our female-branded website, Skirt Collective. The Editorial Intern will assist with a wide range of projects and gain hands-on experience and training in most aspects of editorial work. Students will walk away a good understanding of niche-focused publishing on the Web, as well as tons of writing experience. This position requires 10-15 hours weekly.
What You’ll Learn
• The ins-and-outs of web publishing, including WordPress and light HTML
• How to edit and manage branded content
• How to write branded and niche-focused content
• How to do market research on trends and implement these learning’s into our living strategy
• Communication and teamwork
Responsibilities• Reading, evaluating and reporting on submissions of news, personal stories and lifestyle content
• Sending editorial requests and submission guidelines
• Seeking out promising new authors by reading print and online journals, blogs, etc.
• Researching and commissioning new topics
• Working on content creation and special projects as needed
• Attend weekly meetings and share insights into the performance of our site
Requirements• MUST be able to receive school credit
• Majoring in English, Communications, Journalism or closely related field
• Have a passion for writing and women’s interests/lifestyle
• Impeccable writing and communication skills (must be a stickler for AP Style and GSP!)
• Self-motivated, with meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly creative environment
• Experience with WordPress is a plus, but not required
SkillsRequired - Grammar, Spelling, Punctuation, AP style writing
Preferred - WordPress