Editorial Intern at Brooklyn-based Art MagazineGLASS Quarterly Magazine
Social Issue Journalist InternBloggazWithAttitude.com (Online Blog Magazine)
Editorial / Journalism InternCovered Community
Intership Opportunity for Digital Journalist with Personality757 Media
Editorial / Journalism InternAliveMind
Globe Afrique is Looking for Journalists to Write About Africa & the DiasporaGlobe Afrique
International - Global Journalism Internship - Remote - VirtualIVANNOVATION
Winter Editorial InternshipChicago Agent Publishing
Editorial InternBookmark This
Posted: December 15 2014
Company Location: West Hollywood, CA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionTeen Scene (www.teenscene.com) is an entertainment and lifestyle destination for teens and young adults, by teens and young adults.
Originally launched in 2000, Teen Scene provides an innovative platform for teens and young adults to voice their opinions on entertainment, style, travel and life issues -- all in one place. Over the past 14 years, Teen Scene has featured interviews with the likes of everyone from Britney Spears to Betty White, in-depth travel guides on the hottest destinations, beauty tips and tricks from celebrity stylists, and touching personal stories from fellow teens and young adults who have overcome life-threatening illnesses to the frontlines of the War on Terrorism.
Teen Scene is based in sunny West Hollywood, Calif. with a team of writers around the world.
We are searching for highly motivated, creative and dynamic individuals to help us grow. This individual will report directly to the founders of Teen Scene. The ideal candidate is organized, an excellent communicator, resourceful, and passionate about the entertainment industry. Must be a self-starter who is excited to take charge and can excel in an independent environment.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Editor-in-Chief and editors
- Writing original stories about pop culture, style, travel, and life topics
- Proofreading and copy editing stories
- Editing photos for use in stories and galleries
- Ability to and passion for attending and covering entertainment events and red carpets in the Los Angeles-area
- Conducting celebrity interviews by email, phone, and in-person
Requirements- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Experience with content management systems, such as Wordpress, Blogger, Drupal, etc. would be ideal
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Photoshop is ideal, but not required
- Ability to attend/cover events in the Los Angeles-area (must have a car)