Philly's That Music Mag Needs an Intern Editor ASAPThat Music Mag
Journalism internship at Magazine/Publishing in the Editorial deptNew Media Publishing Group
Sports Journalist InternBlasting News
Research assistant for blogs on US Foreign PolicyWork Plus Product LLP
Web DeveloperWork Plus Product LLP
SEO Writers WantedEntity Magazine
SEO Writer's WorkshopEntity Magazine
Editorial / Journalism InternPure Meli Media LLC.
EDITORIAL INTERNS AT URBANGEEKZ.COMBookmark This
Posted: March 10 2016
Company Location: Smyrna, GA
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: 5 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionUrbanGeekz.com is a groundbreaking video-centric digital news platform geared towards the African American, Latino, and multicultural markets. Our team of specialists and talented journalists cover a wide range of topics, with a strong focus on technology, science, and business. The innovative website also provides authoritative lifestyle and entertainment content. The team is based at Atlanta Tech Village, the largest tech startup incubator in the Southeast. Our brand has a unique readership demographic of multicultural tech-savvy millennials to professionals in their late-fifties, who engage with content via the website or e-Newsletter.
We are looking for smart interns to join our editorial team all year round or during the Spring/Summer break. Applicants can work remotely or from our space at Tech Village. This internship would suit an undergraduate or graduate looking to enhance their skills or break into journalism on a reputable online platform. This is a great opportunity for a motivated self-starter to gain invaluable skills and undergo professional growth in a cutting-edge media company.
Responsibilities- Pitching story ideas and covering assigned stories
- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Editor
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing reports
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards or has obtained a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, marketing, or communication arts.
- A good command of written and spoken English
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Interest in social media and social networking sites desirable
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Interns will also have the opportunity to become involved in marketing and social media initiatives as well as company operations
- College undergraduates who need to earn college credits are welcome to apply
SkillsRequired - Reporting, Writing and Editing, Writing For The Web
Preferred - Social Media, Copy Editing, Web