Editorial / Journalism InternDailyDAC, LLC d/b/a Financial Poise
Blog WriterBreak the Silence Against Domestic Violence
Assistant Managing EditorLPB Media
Editors invited to intern for The Epoch Herald, an international magazine.The Epoch Herald
Social Media Writing internship at Media company in the Editorial DeptNew Media Publishing Group
PR / Journalism Intern ExtraordinairePahRoo
Content writer for blog & Apple NewsMusic Host Network LLC
C-3 Content Creator & Social Media Manager InternInnersight Picttures
Editorial / Journalism Entertainment InternBookmark This
Posted: November 25 2015
Company Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: 4 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionINFLUX Magazine is a publisher of entertainment industry related articles, news, interviews and reviews. We have been publishing since 1997. We are based in southern California's beautiful Huntington Beach within close proximity to the heart of the industry; however, this internship can be done from anywhere. May be for academic or non-academic credit. Our website is at http://influxmagazine.com.
The internship offers hopeful journalists and writers an opportunity to write and publish and experience a role as an entertainment journalist!
In some instances (depending on your location), you may even have the opportunity to go to movie premieres, film festival events, or even do celebrity interviews.
You can respond through internships.com or you can apply directly at: http://influxmagazine.com/internship/
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the publication;
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc;
- Work on special projects, as needed.
Requirements- Preferred, but not required: working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts;
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills;
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance;
- Familiarity with the AP Style Manual for journalism.
SkillsRequired - Writing and Editing
Preferred - AP Style