JOURNALISM / MARKETING INTERNSHIP (Remote)(Private)
Content Creation InternshipXperii
Content & Communications Mandatory Internship (m/f)InterNations GmbH
Editorial / Journalism InternMONTREUIL GROUP
Writer // Associate Editor InternRETREAT Magazine
Music BloggingRap Direct
Online Journalism/Writing Internship (Virtual)New York Minute Magazine
Lead Editor Internship (Virtual)New York Minute Magazine
Editorial / Journalism Intern/ Copy Writer/ InternBookmark This
4600 W. 77th St #100
Posted: December 17 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 4 Part-time, Paid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAt JellyFeet- We manufacture the world's first occlusive foot cover that helps treat dry feet, heel fissures, plantar warts, athlete's foot, toe-nail fungus, MSRA, and a whole lot more. Consider JellyFeet a condom for your foot! Established in 2012 as company, but did not go live and start selling until quarter two of 2015. Located in Edina MN, JellyFeet is a MN small business participating in the Angel Tax Credit through the state of Minnesota.
We are looking for interns to add to our bench strength in strategic areas of Journalism, Copy writing, Editorial, and PR relations. These individuals will gain a strong sense of working within a start up company where the ownership is heavily involved, engaged, and passionate about the overall success, health, and development of the team. Longterm growth opportunities will be presented to those who add value, display a strong, consistent work ethic, attention to detail, willing to work within a team, and over communicate to ensure the brand messaging is always on point for the clients of the company.
What to expect: Structure, Organization, Deadlines, Online Collaborative workspace, Travel opportunities, Telecommuting, FUN Team building events both local and national, Open, Honest, Candid dialogue with ownership, and the entire team, GROWTH, WORK EXPERIENCE, PROFESSIONAL WORK PLACE, EDINA, access to coffee, beer, cookies!
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
- Administrative multi-tasking
- Research within specific segments of Medical, Footwear, Health, Pharm, Public Health, Diabetics, Orthopedics, Podiatry
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus
- Familiar with Google Business Applications
- Ability to perform research within the medical, health, med-tech industries and others that are applicable
SkillsRequired - Research and Development, Broadcast Journalism, Digital Journalism, Business Journalism, Community Journalism, Advertising Copy, Copy Editing, Copyright Law, Press Relations, Press Release Development, Press Releases, Media Communications, Advertorials, Market Data, Market Analysis, Writer, Writing For The Web, Writing News Releases, Medical Writing, Podiatry, Diabetic Foot Care
Preferred - Bilingual-English/Spanish, Bilingual English-French, Mandarin Chinese, China Business Development, China Manufacturing