Jounalism InternshipLos Angeles
Spring / Summer Political Speech Writer DemocratOur Community is Our Land
Newsletter NinjaBeloved Streets of America
Breaking news opportunity at BNO NewsBNO News B.V.
Creative and Talented Journalists/Bloggers Needed For Print and Digital Publishing CompanyAPG Publishing
Editorial / Journalism InternEagle group
Journalist/ reporterThe Claire Life Mini Mag
Editorial / Journalism Intern for BYOU MagazineBookmark This
Heartlight Girls Publications, LLC. / BYOU ‘Be Your Own You!’ Magazine
Posted: July 11 2016
Company Location: Centennial, CO
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionHeartlight Girls Publications (the publisher of BYOU Magazine in Centennial, Colorado) is looking for an individual to do an internship with BYOU Magazine for approximately three months. BYOU Magazine is for girls ages 7-15 and helps build self-esteem in fun and empowering ways with features on positive celebrity role models, stories about real girls making a difference, tips, advice, games, crafts, contests, jokes, and much more.
Build your resume and gain valuable experience with one of the fastest growing magazines around—plus be a contributing team member to helping make a difference in the lives of girls worldwide! Perfect for go-getter college students who want to have a meaningful experience!
This position will work closely with the BYOU Magazine team (virtually or at our Centennial, CO office) and includes magazine production, behind-the-scenes administration, celebrity research, marketing and social media projects, and various media activities. Internship is 10-20 hours per week and are unpaid.
If you are interested in this position, please send a cover letter, resume, academic transcript, and indicate "Editorial/Journalism Intern" in the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
• Research stories, facts, celebrity information, and empowering quotes/tips/songs
• Create ideas for games, puzzles, riddles, recipes, crafts, & more
• Pitch and write interesting articles for BYOUmagazine.com and BYOU Magazine
• Assist with copy editing
• Help increase database and subscribers
• Daily social media posts; Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, YouTube, etc.
• Find girl-world product/company leads for sales team
• Help maintain the office workspace & organize for events
RequirementsApplicants must be in college and have a GPA of 2.5 or higher. Student studying journalism, professional writing, or related field are preferred. Academic credit is available. Applicants must provide their own laptops, cell phones, and transportation (if needed).
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
• Comfortable with sending emails & making phone calls
• Aptitude to create and complete goals
• Able to work with a team and/or independently
• Maintain a friendly, positive, outgoing, creative, can-do attitude
• Basic computer competency
• Knowledgeable of the BYOU Magazine brand