Blog WriterBreak the Silence Against Domestic Violence
Editors invited to intern for The Epoch Herald, an international magazine.The Epoch Herald
Social Media Writing internship at Media company in the Editorial DeptNew Media Publishing Group
PR / Journalism Intern ExtraordinairePahRoo
Content writer for blog & Apple NewsMusic Host Network LLC
C-3 Content Creator & Social Media Manager InternInnersight Picttures
TUC MAGAZINE UNPAID POP MUSIC JournalistTrue Urban Culture (TUC) Magazine
TUC MAGAZINE UNPAID EDM Music JournalistTrue Urban Culture (TUC) Magazine
Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
The Catholic Free Press
51 Elm Street
Posted: June 09 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Catholic Free Press is the official newspaper of the Diocese of Worcester. It is published weekly and has a website, electronic edition, Facebook and Twitter accounts. We are looking for someone to help us enhance the newspaper's print and online products with creative, informative writing. We currently deliver to 12,000 homes, parishes and businesses. Our website is accessed annually by 85,000 people from around the globe. We are looking or a person with a working knowledge of the Catholic Church, who will accept assignments and come up with original story ideas and follow them through to completion. Hours are very flexible; credit is available based on college's requirements.
Responsibilities- General assignment reporting; event coverage; topical coverage
- Ability to take photographs
- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting;
- Assisting with proofing of ads, fliers, brochures, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of word processing, email
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus