Journalist for a Grassroots OrganizationNYAToday
Editorial / Journalism InternThe Unnamed Collective
Content WriterOur Shea-Bar
Junior Business WriterQuantumrun
Blogger ExtraordinaireH&R Yacht Charters
Newsletter NinjaH&R Yacht Charters
Associate EditorLPB Media
Editorial Intern (remote)LPB Media
Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
387 Technology Drive #1100
College Park, MD
Posted: June 23 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDemere is building the world's largest digital consumer and retailer fashion platform by using proprietary image recognition capabilities. If you are interested in helping to change an industry that drastically needs changing, then apply!
We are looking for highly qualified full stack developers who have a passion and desire to see a problem and find a solution. As a team we will map out the work for the day and week ahead and your challenge will be to prioritize and work on your tasks to ensure that the tasks that were assigned to you are completed on time while also addressing bugs or challenges that arise during the day.
Everything you work on, will be seen by users. It won't be tested for months and pushed through levels of hierarchy. Instead you can expect any thing you work on to be passed to users within hours of being developed and shipped.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus