Journalism internship for an Italian-American publicationItaloamericano
Journalism internship for an Italian-American publication (Los Angeles area)Italoamericano
12UP Sports Media/Social Media Internship12UP
High School EditorThe Honestly
High School Content WriterThe Honestly
Journalist for a Grassroots OrganizationNYAToday
Editorial / Journalism InternThe Unnamed Collective
Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
Posted: April 23 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionMassisPost.com is an online publication of Massis Weekly. It is an Armenian media group with an international outreach. Currently, as paper media becomes obsolete, MassisPost is quickly headed towards the top of the Armenian media websites. Now the need has come for interns to produce news from the Armenian diaspora and from Armenia. The website is in English and focuses mainly on informing the US population on what is currently occurring in the Armenian community and keep them aware and informed.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of news articles;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed; including: going out to events and writing articles about it
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in learning and using the Wordpress interface
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of Armenian community
- Ability to research and prepare news about Armenia or the Armenian community