Editorial internCity & State magazine
Interviewing Now! Social Media Manager for LGBT Wedding StartupCitaldel Media
Journalism / Publishing InternshipTokyo Journal
Editorial / Journalism InternKamsi Magazine
Social Media - Sports NewsTha Sports Junkies 101 - aka - TSJ Sports
Summer Baseball Internship Program for College StudentsFan Media Network
Editorial InternshipSRG Services, Inc.
Sports Journalism/Editorial InternFanteractive
Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
9800 S. La Cienega Blvd
Posted: April 15 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCovered Community is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit. Our mission is “To Improve the Health and Wealth of The Community We Serve”. Covered Community is involved with enrolling consumers into healthcare. We also advocate for consumers that are having issues with there health plans. One of our goals is to create a media platform that will engage and activate the African American community about Healthy Living, Entrepreneurship, and Positive Social Change. This magazine will be printed quarterly and have a social media/pod cast attachment as well.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus