Editorial / Journalism Intern Fashion magazineBeauty Within TV
Editors invited to intern for The Epoch Herald, an international magazine.The Epoch Herald
Travel Writer InternshipGlobal Treks and Adventures
Journalism InternshipGlobal Treks and Adventures
Blogging Intern/ Brand Ambassador (journalism)Always Werking LLC
Writer/Content CreatorKenya Rae Media
EditorKenya Rae Media
Television News Writer (UNPAID)mxdwn.com
Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
San Diego 411
Posted: April 21 2015
Company Location: Bonita, CA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 10 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSan Diego 411 is expanding.
Currently, we cover issues in San Diego, CA and are expanding our stories with sports, entertainment, how-to articles, top lists and more. Writers can write from anywhere and submit pieces virtually for publication.
---BENEFITS FOR WORKING WITH SAN DIEGO 411---
-Your own by-line.
-Mass attention to your name.
-Contest entries for journalism awards.
-Possible pay after a certain amount of articles.
-Work closely with the editor-in-chief, who's an award-winning journalist and Reporter of the Year 2014.
-Get the experience needed to advance in journalism.
ResponsibilitiesSan Diego 411 staff are introduced to a variety of projects for valuable experience in journalism. You can write and/or work behind the scene on advertising or administrative work. All work can be done virtually.
- Write articles of interest, such as entertainment, sports, arts, news, profiles, how-to or top-10 lists, etc.
- Assist with editorial projects and provide support as needed.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copy editing, and writing of proposals and reports.
- Work on special projects, as needed.
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word.
- Knowledge of WordPress, posting and editing articles.
- Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat, Excel, and PowerPoint is a plus, but not required.
SkillsRequired - AP style writing
Preferred - Social Media, Wordpress Design