SportswriterThe Daily Player
Newsletter NinjaBeloved Streets of America
Video BroadcasterCulture Magazine
15/Hour Paid CNBC News Desk Internship - Fall 2017CNBC
Editorial / Journalism Intern for Tattoo TechnologiesTattoo Technologies
Digital Magazine Writer (Volunteer/ Intern)The Style Vibe
Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
San Diego 411
Posted: April 21 2015
Company Location: Bonita, CA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 10 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSan Diego 411 is expanding.
Currently, we cover issues in San Diego, CA and are expanding our stories with sports, entertainment, how-to articles, top lists and more. Writers can write from anywhere and submit pieces virtually for publication.
---BENEFITS FOR WORKING WITH SAN DIEGO 411---
-Your own by-line.
-Mass attention to your name.
-Contest entries for journalism awards.
-Possible pay after a certain amount of articles.
-Work closely with the editor-in-chief, who's an award-winning journalist and Reporter of the Year 2014.
-Get the experience needed to advance in journalism.
ResponsibilitiesSan Diego 411 staff are introduced to a variety of projects for valuable experience in journalism. You can write and/or work behind the scene on advertising or administrative work. All work can be done virtually.
- Write articles of interest, such as entertainment, sports, arts, news, profiles, how-to or top-10 lists, etc.
- Assist with editorial projects and provide support as needed.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copy editing, and writing of proposals and reports.
- Work on special projects, as needed.
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word.
- Knowledge of WordPress, posting and editing articles.
- Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat, Excel, and PowerPoint is a plus, but not required.
SkillsRequired - AP style writing
Preferred - Social Media, Wordpress Design