Writer/Content CreatorKenya Rae Media
EditorKenya Rae Media
Television News Writer (UNPAID)mxdwn.com
Editorial / Journalism Internurban legend presents
Writing Interns WantedHighSpeed Media
Fashion Blogger & ColumnistSociety Row
Intership Opportunity for Digital Journalist with Personality757 Media
Public Relations Mandatory Internship (m/f)InterNations GmbH
Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
Black Fitness Today
Posted: October 10 2015
Company Location: Phoenix, AZ
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionBlack Fitness Today is the premier fitness magazine for the Black community! From celebrity interviews to recipes and fitness tips, BlackFitnessToday.com, provides relevant content, practical tools and resources to motivate, inspire and achieve optimal health for this generation and beyond.
We are currently seeking creative, driven and detail-orientated individuals with excellent communication skills, a passion for all things health and wellness and a strong desire to learn. A major in Journalism, English, Marketing/PR, or communication-related program with a passion for fitness or fitness background are essential, as are knowledge and expertise in WordPress and social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest).
The Black Fitness Today internship program is a real-world career development opportunity. We are proud to say our past interns have started successful careers in the both the fitness space and mass media, including newsroom production. Still interested? Read on!
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Have a direct hand in closing the health and fitness disparities gap in the Black community
Conduct or assist in interviewing cultural influencers
Gain experience and build your portfolio with an award-winning platform
ResponsibilitiesWHAT A DAY OF WORK MAY INCLUDE:
(For Marketing, Writing, Editing positions)
- Media relations outreach, marketing communications and content marketing
- Develop media lists, write pitches and making follow-up contact with publicists and social influencers
- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor
- Complete various writing and research projects related to planned and or self-presented blog posts
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports
- Craft social media strategy, plans and posts, and monitor / moderate social interaction
- Present ideas and participate in conference calls
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s or Master's degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus