High School EditorThe Honestly
High School Content WriterThe Honestly
Editorial / Journalism InternCairo Group
Journalist for a Grassroots OrganizationNYAToday
Editorial / Journalism InternThe Unnamed Collective
Content WriterOur Shea-Bar
Junior Business WriterQuantumrun
Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
Breakin Newz Mobile App
Posted: April 19 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionBreakin Newz is a mobile app designed to inform and inspire the community through the 4 elements of Hip Hop Culture. With that in mind, we are currently building intern teams that will work together under limited supervision that will create articles targeted towards our specific market. You will have the opportunity to expand your knowledge of the real Hip Hop Culture while honing in on your creative writing abilities through each assignment. Ideal candidate will have a passion for the foundation of the culture and understand the importance of deadlines.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to assigned intern team
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a degree in: journalism, public relations, Cultural Arts, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Innovative and creative thinking
- Experience/interest in: music, art, journalism, dance, fashion, and/or videography
- Understanding of the importance of deadlines
SkillsRequired - Basic Computer Skills, Article Creation, Creative Branding
Preferred - Breakdance, Graffiti, DJ, Entertainment Journalism, Digital Journalism