Editorial AssistantSouthern Bride
Staff WriterThe Black Sheep Rutgers
Digital Content Curator/ Web Journalism INTERNHedge Accordingly
Business Writer / BloggerBlue Star Partners LLC
Journalist/ Blogging InternGBS The Beauty Store
Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
1240 S. State College Blvd.
Posted: June 08 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionOnline since 1996 and a pioneer of online education, Anaheim University redefines the nature of online higher education, hiring acclaimed international professors and connecting them with students around the globe through live webcam classes. Interns would be responsible for assisting with the daily operation of administrative and student services tasks related to record-keeping for student services, administrative, and accreditation purposes. In addition, our interns will learn our intake and graduation processes, support university-wide federal and state compliance in all areas of operation, and learn from our experienced staff.
Anaheim University seeks interns who want to have a hands-on, project-oriented experience in their field. We can get our own coffee just fine, and our skills with the printer are top-notch already. Instead, we want your innovation, skills, and enthusiasm to learn to be assets to our material editing, newsletter, social media, alumni relations, and press release projects. Our former interns have brainstormed their own projects and, with supervision and administrative support, have opened the door to many beneficial new ideas, procedures, and ventures. We're proud to support your growth and learning in a mutually beneficial relationship.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide communications support (some phone call handling may be needed)
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of press releases and newsletters;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrate discretion, integrity, fair-mindedness, and a persuasive, congenial personality
- Prior experience with Google Drive, Canva, and Adobe Acrobat Pro preferred (but not necessary)
- Must be to communicate well in both speaking and writing English with people from different cultural and linguistic backgrounds
SkillsRequired - Attentiveness to Detail, Positive Team Player, Effective Communicator
Preferred - Copy Editing, Journalism, Google Drive