Featured WriterHigh School Illustrated
Baltimore College Sports Writing InternshipSo Much Sports
Journalism/ Investigative Reporting Intern - VOIFAGVSPORT
Web Development Intern - VOIFAGVSPORT
Law Intern - VOIFAGVSPORT
Music News Website Social Media Intern NeededMusic Times
Music News Website Social Media and Editorial Intern NeededMusic Times
Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
Miss Universe Guyana
Posted: November 15 2016
Company Location: Brooklyn, NY
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Miss Universe Guyana team is looking for a Editorial / Journalism Intern to work closely with us to promote our National Representative who will be competing in the Miss Universe pageant in the Philippines this January. Chance to travel with our team is possible. Currently located in New York but also travel between South America and USA often. Travel is not required however.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat is a plus