Editorial InternLabelleladiva Enterprises LLC
Editorial AssistantSouthern Bride
Staff WriterThe Black Sheep Rutgers
Digital Content Curator/ Web Journalism INTERNHedge Accordingly
Business Writer / BloggerBlue Star Partners LLC
Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
The Scout Guide Hunt Country
7390 Huntsmans Drive
Posted: January 30 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Scout Guide (TSG) is a quickly expanding national network of local city guides dedicated to celebrating the local, artisans and independently-owned businesses of townships and cities across the US. We are currently 60 markets and growing. Each market produces a printed guide annually and is supported by a beautiful online component, including local and national blog. This position would support the TSG Hunt Country, VA Guide's local blog (huntcountry.thescoutguide.com) drafting posts independently and proof-readings posts written by others. Applicant should be talented writer, with knowledge of wordpress, keynote, have an appreciation for design, retail, and the Virginia lifestyle and would ideally live near Hunt Country, VA (Leesburg, Middleburg, Warrenton, VA or surrounding areas). Learn more at thescoutguide.com
Responsibilities- Manage blog schedule and work with member clients to develop, interesting content for TSG Hunt Country blog
-Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the TSG Hunt Country Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of blog posts, and sales flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Some knowledge of Wordpress, Keynote would be helpful but not required
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Interest in design is also helpful
SkillsRequired - Copywriting, Brand Communication
Preferred - Keynote, WordPress, Merchandising, Attraction Marketing