Broadcast Journalist Students Ready to Report and Combat Fake News StoriesFirst Person
Editorial / Journalism Intern Fashion magazineBeauty Within TV
Editors invited to intern for The Epoch Herald, an international magazine.The Epoch Herald
Travel Writer InternshipGlobal Treks and Adventures
Journalism InternshipGlobal Treks and Adventures
Blogging Intern/ Brand Ambassador (journalism)Always Werking LLC
Writer/Content CreatorKenya Rae Media
EditorKenya Rae Media
Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
932 Wilson St.
Los Angeles, CA
Posted: October 02 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionTwo Wings is dedicated to inspiring and empowering survivors of sex trafficking in the Los Angeles area pursue a dream career through educational workshops, life coaching, mentoring and job placement.
We believe that in order for change to occur the community must be aware of the issues. Our goal at Two Wings is to educate our community about the issues of sex trafficking in Los Angeles as well as show how we are doing our part to help survivors pursue a new life free from oppression. We are looking for talented individuals to help us share our story in unique ways through newsletters, blog posts, marketing material, promotions and events.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus