Editorial Intern at Brooklyn-based Art MagazineGLASS Quarterly Magazine
Social Issue Journalist InternBloggazWithAttitude.com (Online Blog Magazine)
Editorial / Journalism InternCovered Community
Intership Opportunity for Digital Journalist with Personality757 Media
Editorial / Journalism InternAliveMind
Globe Afrique is Looking for Journalists to Write About Africa & the DiasporaGlobe Afrique
International - Global Journalism Internship - Remote - VirtualIVANNOVATION
Winter Editorial InternshipChicago Agent Publishing
Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
Don't Stop Eating
New York, NY
Posted: April 17 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Description"Don't Stop Eating" is an online magazine that explores food and all its angles, from politics to personal stories, from art to everyday consumption. We are looking for candidates that are fairly knowledgable and at least very curious about all-food related topics, strong writing ability, and some basic experience in online social media (e.g. you already curate your own Facebook page/Twitter channel). Photography skills a plus. You will learn a variety of skills from an experienced digital advertising professional along with learning the latest in healthy living and eating. Fun and young environment with virtual working also allowed. The candidate will research and write journalistic reviews and essays on the latest in the food movement.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus