PR / Journalism Intern ExtraordinairePahRoo
Content writer for blog & Apple NewsMusic Host Network LLC
C-3 Content Creator & Social Media Manager InternInnersight Picttures
TUC MAGAZINE UNPAID POP MUSIC JournalistTrue Urban Culture (TUC) Magazine
TUC MAGAZINE UNPAID EDM Music JournalistTrue Urban Culture (TUC) Magazine
Fashion writer/ JournalistOne Global Media
FALL 2017 Public & Global Affairs InternNiagara Foundation
Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
The Marketing Chicks
Posted: April 20 2016
Company Location: Houston, TX
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: Part-time, Paid
DescriptionAre you looking for a Publishing internship? Publishing internships are the best way to bridge the gap between going to school and landing great job. Internships can help you develop your Publishing experience by learning the ropes from more experienced professionals. At the end of your internship, you’ll have relevant experience to help you decide if a career in Publishing is the right choice for you!!!
Publishing internships are pretty common, but don't expect to be in charge at the end of your internship! Usually, you’ll have to work from the bottom up, but interns are much more likely to get a job offer from the employer they’re interning with. If you decide to intern with us, you’ll sacrifice the name prestige for other benefits, such as having an opportunity to see your projects go from start to finish. Experience in Publishing is the key to offering value and creativity to the team here at Chicks Incs!
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus