High School EditorThe Honestly
High School Content WriterThe Honestly
Editorial / Journalism InternSenvion Group
Editorial / Journalism InternCairo Group
Journalist for a Grassroots OrganizationNYAToday
Editorial / Journalism InternThe Unnamed Collective
Content WriterOur Shea-Bar
Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
Black Ladies International, Inc.
Posted: September 16 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionBlack Ladies International, Incorporated is a non-profit organization of women committed to sisterhood. We are dedicated to developing the potential of women and girls through mentoring, training, and service. Our purpose is to unify women and girls of color, empower them with the tools to achieve their dreams, and break down barriers that hold women and girls of color captive from reaching their full potential. This is accomplished by strengthening the bonds between women and girls of color world-wide by creating a sisterhood, being of service, and exemplifying the epitome of being a Lady.
We are looking for someone who believes in our mission and supports our vision. We are looking for someone who can represent our organization and mission and project that in weekly/biweekly/monthly newsletters and media releases.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus