High School EditorThe Honestly
High School Content WriterThe Honestly
Editorial / Journalism InternCairo Group
Journalist for a Grassroots OrganizationNYAToday
Editorial / Journalism InternThe Unnamed Collective
Content WriterOur Shea-Bar
Junior Business WriterQuantumrun
Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
Coalition for Residential Education
Posted: March 04 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Coalition for Residential Education (CORE) is a professional membership organization dedicated to promoting, representing and strengthening residential education programs for children and youth whose families and communities cannot meet their needs.
CORE is looking for a few good interns who like to work independently but can function well within a team. The intern would assist with monthly publication, "Residential Education Matters" and write content for members.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Executive Director.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint