International - Global Journalism Internship - Remote - VirtualIVANNOVATION
Winter Editorial InternshipChicago Agent Publishing
Social Media Marketing // Content CreatorThe Social Group
JOURNALISM / MARKETING INTERNSHIP (Remote)(Private)
Content Creation InternshipXperii
Content & Communications Mandatory Internship (m/f)InterNations GmbH
Editorial / Journalism InternMONTREUIL GROUP
Writer // Associate Editor InternRETREAT Magazine
Editorial / Journalism Internship/ Work StudyBookmark This
105 N. 22nd Street
Posted: June 01 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 20 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionEvery year, SCORE volunteers help thousands of entrepreneurs start small businesses and achieve new levels of success in their existing businesses. Working with SCORE is a way for others to give back to the community, connect with fellow business owners, and pass on knowledge and expertise to the next generation of entrepreneurs in community.
SCORE volunteers provide confidential business mentoring services, both in person and online. We lead seminars and workshops to help small business owners meet their goals and achieve success. We help expand outreach of SCORE through marketing and alliance building in our local communities. We provide subject matter expertise by industries and professional skills. Whether you have owned your own small business, come from a Fortune 500 company, retired, college student, have a sincere commitment for helping small businesses or volunteering, there is a place for you as SCORE volunteer.
The Philadelphia chapter of SCORE is looking for an editorial/ journalism intern to capture the stories of our organization. SCORE Philadelphia is proud to have served thousands of small business owners through volunteering; therefore, we are looking for editorial/ journalism interns who will capture those stories from both our volunteers and clients and share with our community.
To learn more about SCORE Philadelphia, go to www.philadelphia.score.org for more information.
Responsibilities- Research current and past SCORE Philadelphia clients to interview
- Interview current volunteers and leadership board members about various business topics
- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the SCORE Philadelphia leadership board.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copy editing, and writing of proposals and reports.
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus
SkillsRequired - Email Marketing, Copy Editing, Business Journalism, Journalism, Community Journalism, Digital Journalism, Editorial, Business Communications, Business Reporting, Constant Contact, Newsletter Writing, Blogging
Preferred - Entrepreneur, Small Business, Newsletters, Email Campaigning