Journalist for a Grassroots OrganizationNYAToday
Editorial / Journalism InternThe Unnamed Collective
Content WriterOur Shea-Bar
Junior Business WriterQuantumrun
Blogger ExtraordinaireH&R Yacht Charters
Newsletter NinjaH&R Yacht Charters
Associate EditorLPB Media
Editorial Intern (remote)LPB Media
Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
Posted: July 11 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionN'Style Atlanta is part of the Girl Six Media company. Our entertainment and lifestyle site covers the latest events in Atlanta. Our team of correspondents attend the events, interview celebrities, and enjoy dishing out the latest from the Atlanta social scene. Outside of our main site N'Style Atlanta, there are opportunities for to learn by shadowing our teams who are working on podcasts, web series, as well as a new docu-series. The interns will be able to work with different team members to understand how managing events, coverage, and websites works in the real world.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus