Journalism internship for an Italian-American publication (Los Angeles area)Italoamericano
12UP Sports Media/Social Media Internship12UP
High School EditorThe Honestly
High School Content WriterThe Honestly
Journalist for a Grassroots OrganizationNYAToday
Editorial / Journalism InternThe Unnamed Collective
Content WriterOur Shea-Bar
Editorial/Journalism InternBookmark This
88 Winter St.
Posted: June 30 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionPagio Inc., is the publisher of Pulse Magazine, Vitality Magazine and Worcester Medicine. We're looking for a motivated intern who is passionate about the arts ~ and Worcester in general ~ to write about Worcester's arts, entertainment, culture and lifestyle scene. The environment is small, casual and friendly. The work puts you in touch with the people that are shaping Worcester's arts and entertainment community. This is a part-time internship, with the flexibility to adjust the days and hours to your class schedule.
Responsibilities- Conduct interviews with and write stories about those involved in Worcester's arts and entertainment community.
- Create and pitch local story ideas.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files and basic copyediting.
- Work on special projects, as needed
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Familiarity with AP style and the Worcester arts scene is a plus.