Journalist for a Grassroots OrganizationNYAToday
Editorial / Journalism InternThe Unnamed Collective
Content WriterOur Shea-Bar
Junior Business WriterQuantumrun
Blogger ExtraordinaireH&R Yacht Charters
Newsletter NinjaH&R Yacht Charters
Associate EditorLPB Media
Editorial Intern (remote)LPB Media
Music Journalism Intern for Dallas Music BlogBookmark This
Crate Diggers Dallas
Posted: September 28 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDo you know you have hands down the best music taste out of your friends? Do you find yourself going to shows on a regular basis? Do you pride yourself on your Spotify playlists because you’ve curated them to perfection? And are you also an expert at social media, blogging, and digital communication?
About Crate Diggers
We are an online music publication/blog that ranges from concert reviews and band interviews, to beer + vinyl pairing and local spotlights. We seek out the very best upcoming events with a focus on art, concerts, vinyl, and beer, and compile our findings so you don’t have to. We believe if there’s something worth going to, you should know about it.
Responsibilities- Contribute to the Crate Diggers blog (i.e., reviews, interviews, etc.)
- Strategize, curate, and post social media content (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Spotify)
- Curate content for the monthly newsletter
- Strategize and shadow interviews with artists for Crate Diggers blog
- Attend local concerts for reviews, social media coverage, etc.
*all admission costs covered by Crate Diggers
Requirements- Must be able to work 10 hours per week and be punctual
- Currently enrolled in college and working toward obtaining a degree in Journalism, Communications, Digital Media, Photography, Marketing, or Advertising
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience in blog writing and social media
- An interest in concert photography and owning a professional camera is preferred, but not required
- Must be creative, take initiative, and listen to good music
SkillsRequired - Oral & Written Communication Skills, Marketing, Writing For The Web, Creative, Music Criticism, Design
Preferred - Photography, Journalism, Graphic Design, Blogger