Immediate! Speech Writer / Community Issues / DemocratCommunity First
Journalists InternshipsDelux Magazine
Editorial internCity & State magazine
Interviewing Now! Social Media Manager for LGBT Wedding StartupCitaldel Media
Journalism / Publishing InternshipTokyo Journal
Editorial / Journalism InternKamsi Magazine
Social Media - Sports NewsTha Sports Junkies 101 - aka - TSJ Sports
Summer Baseball Internship Program for College StudentsFan Media Network
Freelance Multimedia Journalist - Salt Lake CityBookmark This
Posted: May 23 2016
Company Location: Albuquerque, NM
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 5 Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDo you know about all the cool and interesting things that make Salt Lake City great? What about the best brunch spots? Up-and-coming bands? New places opening up? Cover breaking news? Can you create interesting content/video about SLC that everyone will love? Do you consider yourself a strong storyteller? If your answers are YES - NewsCastic is looking for you. NewsCastic is seeking journalists, writers/photographers/videographers to cover the Salt Lake City area in a whole new way. We're not your typical local news. Partnering with local businesses, we're seeking candidates who can produce engaging stories to add to your resume that people will share and read on social media NewsCastic is the place for you!
Check out how we work here: www.newscastic.com/news/newscastic-writer-faq-267982 and earn $15-$60 per assignment.
Great opportunity to build your portfolio, gain freelance experience, and earn money. We have a huge content budget so there'll be no shortage of PAYING story assignments. Yes - we believe in paying our writers (we don't expect anyone to write for free). To be considered for paying assignments:
To get started, REGISTER WITH NEWSCASTIC!
1. Go to NewsCastic.com, set up your profile, and set your location to Salt Lake City. Try pitching some stories that are multimedia-centric and tell a story or highlights Salt Lake City in a unique way. If you can't think of any ideas but want to get started, email firstname.lastname@example.org after you have registered and ask for a trial story.
2. Speed things up! Forward your resume, LinkedIn profile and any clips you may have.
ResponsibilitiesWriting / producing 1 - 2 stories per week that are local in nature to Salt Lake City. Your stories will be social media-friendly and shareable. You will pitch your own story ideas, and/or accept assignments from our Salt Lake City NewsCastic Marketplace.
- Reliable and able to meet deadlines
- Strong social media skills
- Knowledge of Salt Lake City
- iPhone 5 or newer is preferred but not required