Contributing WriterSarah Scoop, LLC
Editorial / Writing Intern at YourTango.com (To Start JULY 2017)YourTango
Editorial / Writing Intern at YourTango.com (To Start AUG 2017)YourTango
PR / Journalism Intern ExtraordinairePahRoo
Freelance Writer/InternWord Stylist
CopywriterFragrances of Wine
Editorial / Journalism InternDailyDAC, LLC d/b/a Financial Poise
Fashion Journalism InternshipCapitally
Freelance Writer: Africa Major News, Headlines & StoriesBookmark This
Posted: June 22 2016
Company Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
We're looking for freelance writers to contribute to our online magazine and writing platform.
We need talented people interested in Africa News, Headlines and Stories, to write entertaining, sharp and original articles that will cover Africa-focused topics in any one or more of the following industry segments: Politics, Fashion, Music, Technology & Innovation, Sports and Current Events.
ResponsibilitiesWhat we expect from our contributing writers
1. A minimum of one 300-350 word article per day.
2. We need you to advise and/or inform, report, enlighten, give thoughtful analysis, entertain our readers and start conversations.
3. Your success as a blogger is up to you. The more you put into it, the more you'll get out of it.
Writing for a platform like ours can be your gateway to get plenty of assignments for qualified writers and/or aspiring journalists. Aspiring journalists can be rest assured that they will receive feedback on their writing from someone in the editorial team.
Writing for us is on a voluntary and unpaid contributor basis.
How to apply
If you’re interested, please send relevant examples of your writing to email@example.com- no resumes or CVs please unless you do not have a published story. Also, include the following in your submission:
1. The area/s of news stories above that interest you the most?
2. How long have you been writing and/or been published?
3. Your blog URL, if you have one?
RequirementsWho is this opportunity for?
Individuals who are
1. looking for a great platform to jump-start their writing career or a career in journalism, writing, communications and/or PR;
2. voracious consumers of the news and are looking for a platform to express their opinions of these news stories;
3. writing for a blog already, have a great style but want to reach a larger audience—Contributing Writers can link to their own Blogs (if they have one) from the articles they submit, and they will also have a blog on our site as well;
4. just looking for the opportunity to say that they are a published writer or blogger.
5. searching for a credible platform that they can leverage to interview celebrities, cover red carpet events, attend and review upcoming movies, or participate in and cover premiere events?