Editorial / Journalism InternSilvacom
Editorial / Journalism InternZAG Group of Companies
Editorial Intern at Brooklyn-based Art MagazineGLASS Quarterly Magazine
Social Issue Journalist InternBloggazWithAttitude.com (Online Blog Magazine)
Editorial / Journalism InternCovered Community
Intership Opportunity for Digital Journalist with Personality757 Media
Editorial / Journalism InternAliveMind
Globe Afrique is Looking for Journalists to Write About Africa & the DiasporaGlobe Afrique
GameSkinny Games Journalist Training Program Sessions 2016Bookmark This
Launch Media Network
Posted: December 30 2014
Company Location: Atlanta, GA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 20 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe GameSkinny Journalist Training Program (JTP) is accepting applications! Please see official on-site posting: http://www.gameskinny.com/z8dq3/apply-to-gameskinnys-2016-journalist-training-program-sessions
- January 4th - March 4th, [Ivy] Session; Application Deadline: January 1st
- March 14th - May 13th, [Jingo] Session; Application Deadline: March 8th
- May 23rd - July 22nd, [Kiwi] Session; Application Deadline: May 11th
- August 1st - September 30th, [Lemur] Session; Application Deadline: July 24th
- October 10th - December 9th, [Maple] Session; Application Deadline: October 2nd
NOTE: See on-site posting for application form. Look for the big green buttons!
Apply here: http://www.gameskinny.com/z8dq3/apply-to-gameskinnys-2016-journalist-training-program-sessions
This program is looking for applicants who want to gain real experience in online publishing. Participants will work in an online newsroom environment in two-month increments. JTP members who complete one session are allowed to continue on and complete additional JTP sessions. You will have the opportunity to publish a fairly large number of articles on our platform for the games journalism industry.
What do I get out of this?
- College students may use the JTP as an internship for credit and the program is suitable for listing as professional experience on a resume. Please note that the JTP is not a paid program.
- A professional referral from the editor in charge of the Journalist Training Program for use on resumes and job applications.
- The Journalist Training Program qualifies as a college internship for credit. Please indicate your intent to complete the program for credit during your application so we can help you work with your college advisor.
- The option to apply for a leadership role in the Journalist Training Program in order to earn managerial experience.
- Consideration for current openings at GameSkinny when applicable.
- Earn money for views with our new GameSkinny Bounty Program.
- Write 5 articles per week - (3-strike rule: miss 3 articles and you will be removed from the program.)
- Be present in our team chatroom and forums during specific time slots (sign up for the best 3 or 5hr slots for you! We're flexible.)
- Take the occasional breaking-news assignments from editors
- Meet deadlines
- Help generate interesting and engaging content ideas
- Interact with the community
- Distribute/share content and help build our (and thus your) audience
- Communicate with editors and learn how to effectively listen to feedback
- Be a part of the GameSkinny team!
- Learn to work remotely. Digital professionalism is one of the skills you are required to learn and practice in this program.
Here's how to apply, and what being a member of the JTP will require from you.
- All applicants are required to fill out the application survey located at the bottom of this page: http://www.gameskinny.com/z8dq3/apply-to-gameskinnys-2016-journalist-training-program-sessions
- 15-20 hour time commitment each week for 9 weeks (including time slots)
- A positive attitude
- An understanding of the Oxford comma (We kid... mostly. The Oxford comma is pretty awesome.)
- Strong written communication skills
- The ability to self-motivate and work independently from home... most likely in your pajamas
- A drive to improve your own abilities
Preferred, but not required:
The following qualifications are great to have, but not required to participate. You do NOT need to be a current or former college student in order to join the JTP.
- Gaming experience (you don't say...) and knowledge of the games industry
- Degree (working on or completed) in Journalism, English, Communications, Media Criticism, Game Design, or other related field of study
- Previous writing experience is a huge bonus.
- Writing sample published on GameSkinny