High School EditorThe Honestly
High School Content WriterThe Honestly
Editorial / Journalism InternSenvion Group
Editorial / Journalism InternCairo Group
Journalist for a Grassroots OrganizationNYAToday
Editorial / Journalism InternThe Unnamed Collective
Content WriterOur Shea-Bar
Journalism InternBookmark This
Ice Hockey In Harlem
127 West 127th Street
New York, NY
Posted: February 28 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionICE HOCKEY IN HARLEM is a non-profit community based organization for youth that uses the sport of hockey to promote academic achievement, responsibility, teamwork and good character. The objective of the organization is to provide inspiration, encouragement and guidance to children leading to better life experiences, education and career opportunities. Since 1987, ICE HOCKEY IN HARLEM has enriched the lives of boys and girls from the Harlem community.
Responsibilities- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, or business communications
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus
- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, newsletters, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
This is an unpaid internship, candidates enrolled in a journalism program would receive course credit.