Editorial / Journalism InternDirect Cannabis Network
Fashion Writer InternThe Quintessential Gentleman
Editorial / Journalism InternOphir Energy Plc.
MUSIC/ENTERTAINMENT BLOGGER INTERNSHIPintice
CELEBRITY NEWS BLOGGER INTERNSHIPintice
SOCIAL MEDIA BLOGGER INTERNSHIPintice
ChucksConnection InternshipHal Peterson Media Services
Newsletter NinjaBeloved Streets of America
Journalism InternshipBookmark This
25 Taylor Street, Room 625
San Francisco, CA
Posted: May 23 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionEpicenter-SF.org is a community website promoting and facilitating connection in the Central Market, Civic Center and Tenderloin neighborhoods of San Francisco. We cover a wide range of Events, News, and Resources related to arts & culture, nonprofit agencies, small businesses, community groups, city agencies, related initiatives and more. If there is a way to get involved, we want to share it.
We are currently seeking a journalism intern who can juggle a variety of editorial tasks.
About the Candidate:
This person is someone who is open, a strong communicator, and has a strong interest in current, local events. The candidate is creative, an individual who can think outside the box, and can come up with ideas and strategies for handling a variety of tasks. This job will give access to a leading community workspace in the Central Market/Tenderloin area. Both at the workplace and through the internship, you will have the opportunity to network with a range of companies, individuals and organizations. You must be honest, respectful of other people and cultures, and have a sense of humor to boot.
Students with a focus in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Nonprofit Management and Public Relations are encouraged to apply.
This is an excellent opportunity to network and make valuable connections in a variety of sectors and to have an impact with a growing organization.
Visit www.epcienter-sf.org to learn more.
Please reply to Fernando@epicenter-sf.org with a resume, cover letter, and relevant work samples if available. We look forward to reviewing your materials.
Responsibilities• Write daily blog posts promoting events, recapping news, and more
• With the guidance of managing editor, upload events to calendar using CMS
• Prepare original and repurposed photos for online web content
• Assist in culling articles, events and organizations for syndicated content
• Provide logistical support in day to day tasks
• An exceptional candidate will have the opportunity to conduct interviews, write and publish original articles.
Requirements• Proficiency in Mac, WordPress, Microsoft Office,
• Knowledge of WordPress content management system and html
• Tech- & social media-savvy
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong knowledge of AP Style and understanding of English grammar
• Passion for staying current with trends in marketing and technology
• Familiarity with the coverage area and local organizations a big plus
• Minimum commitment of 20 hours/week
• Ability to work independently and take initiative, opportunity for remote work
• Detail oriented
• Proactive, seeking out solutions to problems before they arise without delay
• Organized, able to handle multiple projects at once
• Must meet deadlines
• Excellent research, writing, and editing skills.
• Enrolled in a college degree program as this is for school credit, unpaid internship
• 14-20hours/week for 12 weeks