Editors invited to intern for The Epoch Herald, an international magazine.The Epoch Herald
Travel Writer InternshipGlobal Treks and Adventures
Journalism InternshipGlobal Treks and Adventures
Blogging Intern/ Brand Ambassador (journalism)Always Werking LLC
Writer/Content CreatorKenya Rae Media
EditorKenya Rae Media
Television News Writer (UNPAID)mxdwn.com
Editorial / Journalism Internurban legend presents
Journalism InternshipBookmark This
25 Taylor Street, Room 625
San Francisco, CA
Posted: May 23 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionEpicenter-SF.org is a community website promoting and facilitating connection in the Central Market, Civic Center and Tenderloin neighborhoods of San Francisco. We cover a wide range of Events, News, and Resources related to arts & culture, nonprofit agencies, small businesses, community groups, city agencies, related initiatives and more. If there is a way to get involved, we want to share it.
We are currently seeking a journalism intern who can juggle a variety of editorial tasks.
About the Candidate:
This person is someone who is open, a strong communicator, and has a strong interest in current, local events. The candidate is creative, an individual who can think outside the box, and can come up with ideas and strategies for handling a variety of tasks. This job will give access to a leading community workspace in the Central Market/Tenderloin area. Both at the workplace and through the internship, you will have the opportunity to network with a range of companies, individuals and organizations. You must be honest, respectful of other people and cultures, and have a sense of humor to boot.
Students with a focus in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Nonprofit Management and Public Relations are encouraged to apply.
This is an excellent opportunity to network and make valuable connections in a variety of sectors and to have an impact with a growing organization.
Visit www.epcienter-sf.org to learn more.
Please reply to Fernando@epicenter-sf.org with a resume, cover letter, and relevant work samples if available. We look forward to reviewing your materials.
Responsibilities• Write daily blog posts promoting events, recapping news, and more
• With the guidance of managing editor, upload events to calendar using CMS
• Prepare original and repurposed photos for online web content
• Assist in culling articles, events and organizations for syndicated content
• Provide logistical support in day to day tasks
• An exceptional candidate will have the opportunity to conduct interviews, write and publish original articles.
Requirements• Proficiency in Mac, WordPress, Microsoft Office,
• Knowledge of WordPress content management system and html
• Tech- & social media-savvy
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong knowledge of AP Style and understanding of English grammar
• Passion for staying current with trends in marketing and technology
• Familiarity with the coverage area and local organizations a big plus
• Minimum commitment of 20 hours/week
• Ability to work independently and take initiative, opportunity for remote work
• Detail oriented
• Proactive, seeking out solutions to problems before they arise without delay
• Organized, able to handle multiple projects at once
• Must meet deadlines
• Excellent research, writing, and editing skills.
• Enrolled in a college degree program as this is for school credit, unpaid internship
• 14-20hours/week for 12 weeks