Journalism Intern (Reporter/Producer)iMedia Foundation
Editorial InternThe Unstable Success
Lifestyle Writer/Blogger Intern (Men's Site)A.N. Publishing
Writing Intern wantedFashion 360 Magazine
Newsletter NinjaH&R Yachts
Editorial / Journalism InternPresidential Prayer Team
Production Intern/ CorrespondentOneLucid
Beauty Fashion Lifestyle Writing Intern VirtualOneLucid
Journalism Internship: Reporter – Covering finance and technology beatBookmark This
Financial Technologies Forum
330 West 38th Street, Suite 806
New York, NY
Posted: July 20 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionFTF news is a new online publication covering securities operations and technology, a division of Financial Technologies Forum. Readers include leading financial executives from financial services firms and financial technology solutions providers. FTF news is an emerging publication with growing readership, focused on disseminating breaking news and feature-length stories on the major stories related to finance and operations today. We offer an entrepreneurial, creative and fast-paced environment with a culture of fun, intelligence and hard work. This is a unique opportunity to act as a lead reporter, write daily news articles, and grasp a complex but growing area of coverage in the media.
FTF is seeking a smart, capable and enthusiastic student reporter to join the editorial team as an intern. Working directly with the Editor and Editor-in-Chief, this reporter would write timely and breaking news stories on finance and finance technology. This is an ideal position for a student looking to write about major business and operations management issues in financial services and securities trading. Topics of coverage may include, but not limited to: derivatives, regulation, hedge fund operations, and more. You’ll have the opportunity to attend major industry events, news conferences, and conduct interviews with top executives for spot news and feature stories. This is a PAID internship or a position for class credit. With Wall Street / finance becoming an increasing area of coverage for most major online and print publications in New York, this is a great starting point for a reporter looking to hone their skills and knowledge of this growing beat.
Applicants do not need prior knowledge or experience in the financial services industry. This is an opportunity to learn from a senior journalist.
Responsibilities• Supporting Editorial and Conference team in Research
• Supporting Editorial team in updating and writing feature stories
• Assist in proof reading stories
• Contributing to company blog and launching “What Is” series
• Writing “People Moves” section
• Attending FTF conferences
• Posting Press Releases on FTFNews.com site
• Posting all news articles on FTFNews.com site
• Attending regular editorial meetings and providing input on upcoming coverage
• Engaging in regular social media activities on behalf of FTF in regards to features and breaking news including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
Requirements1. Applicants should be a Journalism or Communications major. *** However, Business/Finance
majors with a proven ability to write on deadline will be considered. ***
2. Applicants should have an overall GPA of 2.5 and a GPA of 2.5 in their major.
3. Applicants should have taken a basic journalism writing course.
• A cover letter indicating specific area of interest and how this internship would be beneficial to
both you and Financial Technologies Forum (FTF)
• An up-to-date résumé
• Two letters of recommendation from people who know the applicant and his/her work.