Editorial / Journalism InternCairo Group
Journalist for a Grassroots OrganizationNYAToday
Editorial / Journalism InternThe Unnamed Collective
Content WriterOur Shea-Bar
Junior Business WriterQuantumrun
Blogger ExtraordinaireH&R Yacht Charters
Newsletter NinjaH&R Yacht Charters
Associate EditorLPB Media
Journalism Internship with VAIN LLCBookmark This
VAIN LLC Internships
Posted: July 12 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionVAIN LLC is an independent media company focused on sharing and celebrating the stories and interests of multicultural millennial women. With the voice of a best friend, knowledge base of an expert and passion like family we provide women with highly engaging and innovative content. A diverse and powerful portfolio of publishing platforms (Erica Vain, Vain Life, FitVain, Tech Vain, Travel Vain, in addition to various cultural additions Espana, UK Editions) helps us attract millions of the world's most coveted demographic each month. Across Digital, Print and Video brands VAIN LLC produces extraordinary high quality content.
We have Journalism positions spanning an array of subject areas:
•News + Politics
When applying please communicate the SUBJECT AREA you wish to be placed in.
The goal of our journalism is to apply knowledge acquired in the classroom to real-world situations, as well as gain the skills and experience that is necessary to prepare you for a successful career in media. Interns at VAIN LLC are hands-on from day one. We provide interns with the opportunity to do it all in the full scope of their future career field. All journalism interns have the luxury of working remotely and are able to gain in the field experience by covering local events and conducting celebrity interviews.
Responsibilities• Research, fact check and collect data based on pitches, assignments and subject area
• Create content for corresponding platform of your subject area
• Transcribe original interviews
• Maintain PR contact lists, events calendar, and team information databases
• Assist the editorial team with special projects and events as needed
• Assist VAIN editors in maintaining and populating the site’s social media pages
• Participate in brainstorming and strategizing sessions
• Covering local events (i.e., festivals, performances, grand openings, award ceremonies)
• Writing feature articles for a blogs, digital magazine and in print magazine
• Attend VAIN LLC wide meetings, including regular intern briefings about VAIN LLC and departmental meetings.
• Follow current events, always looking for a story opportunity
To apply, click the APPLY button at the bottom of this posting. Please only apply for ONE VAIN LLC internship in a given semester. If you have any questions involving an internship opportunity with VAIN please visit VAINLLC.COM, Follow us on Social Media: @VAINLLC and send an email to InternshipQuestions@VainLLC.com. Applicants may be asked to complete a short writing sample.
Requirements• Must be currently enrolled in college; recent grads may also be considered
• Strong interest in writing, blogging or otherwise creating entertainment content
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Highly ambitious work ethic
• Working knowledge of social media
• Ability to work 15 - 30 hours per week
• A fully functional personal computer with access to the internet
• Ability to work independently and as a team.
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and AP Style
• Working Knowledge of Google Applications (i.e Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Drive, Google Hangouts, etc..)
Successful candidates will have:
• Competitive nature, desire to win and a sense of journalistic ethics
• An encyclopedia-like knowledge of celebrities, entertainment and pop culture including music, fashion, TV, movies and social media
• Able to work within tight deadlines
• Previous Newsroom Experience and Knowledge of Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and/or Wordpress is a plus