Blogging Intern/ Brand Ambassador (journalism)Always Werking LLC
Writer/Content CreatorKenya Rae Media
EditorKenya Rae Media
Television News Writer (UNPAID)mxdwn.com
Editorial / Journalism Internurban legend presents
Writing Interns WantedHighSpeed Media
Fashion Blogger & ColumnistSociety Row
Intership Opportunity for Digital Journalist with Personality757 Media
Journalist intern / Content Writing internBookmark This
Posted: January 30 2016
Company Location: Mount Vernon, NY
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 11 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionStartup Dope is a digital magazine that covers the stories of Early stage startups / Entrepreneurs ( Guys who've just started out with building their dream companies and need to get their story out).
Many of them overcome the odds to start something new, something they believe in.
We're here to help tell their stories and we hope you'd love to be part of the experience too.
What will you be doing in this Internship?
Well to begin with, Write content... A lot of content. You'd be required to bring in your narrative style and perspective to tell their story. Any story can sound great or boring by the way it's narrated (We firmly believe that).
If you think you can do justice to that and write stories that create an impact, You're welcome to Join the Party. :)
What will you learn?
1. Trends of Startups around the world.
2. Over time you'll start understanding what worked and what didn't for ideas
3. How to craft content that is insightful and impactful.
4. Good stories go viral, (Bad ones too for all the wrong reasons) you'll learn to make stories with kickass edits to make it interesting.
5. The 5 line rule we use to make content.
BONUS: We've realised that finding kickass journalists and content crafters who are passionate about what they do is a little tough. So we're trying to give back to the community by handpicking writers / journalists who are open to freelance / full time / part time employment, so Startups or other content related jobs can find you faster and vice versa.
Once you complete the internship to our satisfaction, you'll be listed on our Exclusive Content Crafter's page that will feature your work and your availability.
If you're game, apply for the Position
ResponsibilitiesYou'll be required to write a well thought out story from the data provided.
2. You'll get to interview founders, CEOs and other important Executives in a Startups.
3. Create content for entrepreneurs and people who are looking for some motivation to start.
4. The minimum number of content per day should be published.
5. Report everyday about their progress and communicate with their mentor to keep things on track.
6. Promote your article on social media and get the word out. (What's the point writing is going to read it, right? :)
Requirements1. Grammar Nazi, editorial and copy writing ninja.
2. Highly Self-motivated and the will power to write everyday.
3. A good sense of humor. (Helps when writing articles )
4. Sense of time and Submitting before deadline. (Work smart to avoid working under pressure. But If you need the pressure and do things in the last minute, that's okay too as long as you're submitting on time. :) )
5. If you're a journalism student, you have a higher advantage. (Anyone interested can apply though, everyone goes through the same selection process.)
SkillsRequired - Content Strategy, Content Creation, Lean Startup, Early-stage Startups
Preferred - Online Journalism, Business Journalism, Digital Journalism, Technology Journalism, Journalists