Journalism internship at Magazine/Publishing in the Editorial deptNew Media Publishing Group
Sports Journalist InternBlasting News
Research assistant for blogs on US Foreign PolicyWork Plus Product LLP
Web DeveloperWork Plus Product LLP
SEO Writers WantedEntity Magazine
SEO Writer's WorkshopEntity Magazine
Editorial / Journalism InternPure Meli Media LLC.
Journalism Intern (Reporter/Producer)iMedia Foundation
Lifestyle & Entertainment Magazine/Editorial InternBookmark This
Posted: June 17 2015
Company Location: Atlanta, GA
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDo you love fashion, entertainment, and all things beauty? If so, we're looking for interns to join our exciting team here at ModernVita.
ModernVita is an online magazine focused on giving women the latest in great living, entertainment, style, and career, while staying grounded in current events.
The perfect ModernVita intern is motivated, creative, and a self-starter who is able to work in a team and meet deadlines. This person is interested in current events, entertainment, and lifestyle, and is excited about bringing articles on these topics to the world.
While we are located in Atlanta, we are happy to work with interns from all over the United States.
Interns will be listed as Contributing Writers, and they will have the possibility of joining us as Staff Writers upon completion of the internship.
We are particularly seeking interns in the following :
Politics - Do you have an interest in all things politics, campaigns, and current events? We are seeking an intern to write balanced, and entertaining articles that are accessible even to those who don't watch CNN.
Style & Beauty - Do you love fashion and makeup? Do you relentlessly follow fashion trends and love pushing the envelope? This is for you. Share your findings with the world!
Responsibilities- Write at least 3 articles per week
- Pitch article ideas
- Go on assignment to local establishments for the purpose of writing reviews
- Attend weekly all staff conference calls via Google Hangouts and be responsive to regular communications
- Keep abreast of current events and entertainment news
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Minimum of one year college experience
- Skilled in writing, editing, and research
- Coursework in Journalism, English, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Political Science, or a related area (though all degrees are welcome if you are skilled in writing)
- Well versed social media (Particularly Twitter and Instagram) and ability promote articles to networks
- Ability to write about developing stories in real time
- Have a good sense of humor
- Must submit writing samples and/or complete a writing assignment during the interview process
SkillsRequired - English, Journalism, Social Media Blogging, Entertainment Journalism, Article Writing
Preferred - Fashion, Political Science, Beauty, Activism, AP style writing