Sports Journalist InternBlasting News
Research assistant for blogs on US Foreign PolicyWork Plus Product LLP
Web DeveloperWork Plus Product LLP
SEO Writers WantedEntity Magazine
SEO Writer's WorkshopEntity Magazine
Editorial / Journalism InternPure Meli Media LLC.
Journalism Intern (Reporter/Producer)iMedia Foundation
Digital Media Journalism InternshipRabwah Times
Media/Editorial InternBookmark This
366 Central Avenue
Jersey City, NJ
Posted: April 27 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionJersey City Councilman Michael Yun is looking for responsible and energetic individuals for an unpaid internship opportunity. Internships require a minimum of a one-semester (or summer season) commitment. Hours are flexible (M-F 12pm-7pm, some weekends during the day). Applicants must be available to attend important community/political events.
Please check with your institution for information on credit eligibility for internships.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. While this position is unpaid, we will provide you with lunch, a unique educational experience, and a reference for future employment upon completion of your responsibilities. Applicants should have personal laptop computer to bring with them, (however, a limited number of strong applicants without computers can be accommodated if necessary).
Responsibilities- Composing press releases, copy writing for the Councilman's distributed materials, and social media posts
- Helping to strengthen the printed voice of Councilman Yun in all media communications
- Helping the Councilman develop his social media presence, improving upon existing presence and creating new media strategies
- Uniting and expanding the Councilman's presence and voice across various media platforms
- Attend events with the Councilman, documenting his presence in the community and writing about it for various outlets
- Further relevant responsibilities TBA
Requirements- We are looking for individuals who demonstrate exceptional written abilities (in either English or Spanish), a strategic and versatile writing style, and a keen sense of the current media landscape. Must be aware of the politics of journalistic and social media, and should have some interest in the intersection of politics and the media
- Must be able to adapt their written voice to fit many different mediums/situations, and must be able to communicate using nuance and discretion if necessary
- Deadline-oriented, reliable applicants only
- Must be proficient in all word processing software, and able to learn new programs with relative ease
- Media composition skills a plus (social media, photography, video, audio, graphic design, or writing)
- Undergraduate and graduate students majoring in Journalism, English (Writing), Media Studies, Communications, and related fields preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of relevant news networks (NPR, Cable news, local news, etc.) and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
- Strong internet literacy and research skills
- Experience working with diverse populations a plus, openness to diverse populations required
- Bilingual skills preferred but not required
Send resume and cover letter to Aliya Zlotkin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Ward D Councilman Internship