Lifestyle Editorial InternshipObserver Media
Editorial / Journalism InternThe 7th Magazine LLC
Editorial Internship at Brooklyn-based Art MagazineGLASS Quarterly Magazine
Writer // Associate Editor InternRETREAT Magazine
Editorial / Journalism InternNCS Group Of Companies
Breaking News / Journalism InternNYAToday
Author AssistantThe Organic Nanny
Best Training Ever -- Investigate Threats to DemocracyWhoWhatWhy
Music Blog Editorial / Journalism Part Time InternshipBookmark This
The Deli Magazine
429 7th Ave
Posted: June 02 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Deli, the magazine and website exclusively focused on the NYC music scene founded in 2004, is looking for young music writers interested in starting their career with an internship in an established independent publication. Some of our ex interns and writers went on to write for The Village Voice, Brooklyn Vegan, Time Out NY, Diffuser.fm and AOL Music.
The internship would require at least 16 hours per week and last for at least 3 months. The jobs assigned will vary, and include simple editing tasks, researching new bands, helping out at Deli live events, working on The Deli's database, and (if you are a good writer) some blogging and possibly some small pieces for our print issue.
For this position we are looking for outgoing, talented music writers with an infinite curiosity for new music, and an interest for as many genres as possible - from indie rock to indie pop, folk, punk, electronic, hip hop and more.
If interested please send your resume and 3 samples of your music writing.
The Deli's Staff
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, Music or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and also some HTML
- Knowledge/interest in Indie Rock and/or Folk and/or Electronic Music and/or Hip Hop or non commercial Pop.