Contributing WriterSarah Scoop, LLC
Editorial / Writing Intern at YourTango.com (To Start JULY 2017)YourTango
Editorial / Writing Intern at YourTango.com (To Start AUG 2017)YourTango
PR / Journalism Intern ExtraordinairePahRoo
Freelance Writer/InternWord Stylist
CopywriterFragrances of Wine
Editorial / Journalism InternDailyDAC, LLC d/b/a Financial Poise
Fashion Journalism InternshipCapitally
Music Blog Editorial / Journalism Part Time InternshipBookmark This
The Deli Magazine
Posted: October 13 2016
Company Location: Brooklyn, NY
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: 5 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Deli, the magazine and website exclusively focused on the NYC music scene founded in 2004, is looking for young music writers interested in starting their career with an internship in an established independent publication. Some of our ex interns and writers went on to write for The Village Voice, Brooklyn Vegan, Time Out NY, Diffuser.fm and AOL Music.
The internship would require at least 16 hours per week and last for at least 3 months. The jobs assigned will vary, and include simple editing tasks, researching new bands, helping out at Deli live events, working on The Deli's database, and (if you are a good writer) some blogging and possibly some small pieces for our print issue.
For this position we are looking for outgoing, talented music writers with an infinite curiosity for new music, and an interest for as many genres as possible - from indie rock to indie pop, folk, punk, electronic, hip hop and more.
If interested please send your resume and let us know in the intro what music you like to listen and write about..
The Deli's Staff
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Deep Knowledge/interest in Indie Rock and/or Folk and/or Electronic Music and/or Hip Hop or non commercial Pop.
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, Music or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and also some HTML