Blogger ExtraordinaireH&R Yacht Charters
Newsletter NinjaH&R Yacht Charters
Intern Needed for Manhattan DigestManhattan Digest
MEDLIFE Journalism InternshipMEDLIFE
Social Media Blog Researcher/Editor & WriterSPARE CS Inc
Journalism internship for an Italian-American publicationItaloamericano
Journalism internship for an Italian-American publication (Los Angeles area)Italoamericano
12UP Sports Media/Social Media Internship12UP
Music Writer for established blog focused on emerging artists in local sceneBookmark This
The Deli Magazine
Posted: June 03 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Deli, the magazine and website focused on emerging artists founded in 2004, is looking for young music writers interested in starting their career with an internship in an established independent publication. Some of our ex interns and writers went on to write for The Village Voice, Brooklyn Vegan, Time Out NY, Diffuser.fm and AOL Music.
The internship would require at least 16 hours per week and last for at least 3 months. The jobs assigned will include researching new bands, working on The Deli's database, and (if you are a good writer) some blogging and possibly some small pieces for our print issues.
For this position we are looking for outgoing, talented music writers with an infinite curiosity for new music, and an interest for as many genres as possible - from indie rock to indie pop, folk, punk, electronic, hip hop and more.
If interested please send your resume and 3 samples of your music writing.
The Deli's Staff
Responsibilities- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, Music or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and also some HTML
- Knowledge/interest in Indie Rock and/or Folk and/or Electronic Music and/or Hip Hop or non commercial Pop.
Requirements- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed