Content WriterOur Shea-Bar
Junior Business WriterQuantumrun
Blogger ExtraordinaireH&R Yacht Charters
Newsletter NinjaH&R Yacht Charters
Associate EditorLPB Media
Editorial Intern (remote)LPB Media
Article Writing Internship for National News SiteBryan Tropeano
Editorial Video Internship with YourTango.comYourTango
Outdoor and four-wheel drive journalistBookmark This
3035 North Tarra Ave
Posted: May 05 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionIf you're looking for an exciting summer internship where you can get outside and gain valuable experience instead of making copies, look no further. Overland International is a small team of journalists and office staff that share a passion for adventure. Through our two publications, Overland Journal and Expedition Portal, we tell the stories of people driving all over the world and review the gear and vehicles they use to get there. From taking four-wheel drives on back country adventures, to performing gear tests, writing stories, and working with social media, this internship will offer you a broad range of experiences like only a small company can. While we expect our interns to work hard, our hours are flexible, our positions are fluid, and we can cater to the areas in which you want to learn most. After all, isn't that what an internship should be about?
Responsibilities1. Finding new or interesting gear online to write stories about. These will be simple features, and can be seen on Expedition Portal by searching "gear scout"
2. Photographing vehicles, equipment, and trips in Arizona and neighboring states. While you won't need to leave town too often, we do complete multi-day trips that you may be required to participate in.
3. Organizing company photo library and working in Lightroom
4. Contributing to team's social media account
5. Work closely with Senior Editor and Managing Editor to learn the scope of the business and explore all of its aspects
6. Have fun and be honest! Our team encompasses many roles, and we want you to feel like you can change into different ones as needed to see what you enjoy most. We understand that 9-5 doesn't work for everyone, so this position has flexible hours and days, just let us know what you need when applying!
RequirementsWe have a few basic requirements which ensure the happiness of the intern as much as our staff.
1.Interns must be pursuing a degree in photography, journalism, mass media or similar. (others will be considered upon request)
2. Interns must have their own camera equipment and be experienced using it
3. Interns must submit a writing sample to our team (terms will be specified after we contact you for an interview)
4. YOU MUST like the outdoors, camping, and preferably four-wheel drives. Although this is a journalist position, knowledge of the equipment we use and write about will be required to complete the tasks.
5. Although this will undoubtedly be a fun experience for all involved, we still expect interns to maintain a good work ethic and complete tasks on time.