Editorial / Journalism InternKamsi Magazine
Social Media - Sports NewsTha Sports Junkies 101 - aka - TSJ Sports
Summer Baseball Internship Program for College StudentsFan Media Network
Editorial InternshipSRG Services, Inc.
Sports Journalism/Editorial InternFanteractive
Journalism InternshipUnsung People
Victims of Immigration Fraud - VOIFAGVSPORT
Law Intern - VOIFAGVSPORT
New Hope & WorldCrafts Editorial InternBookmark This
Woman's Missionary Union (WMU)
100 Missionary Ridge
Posted: September 15 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionFounded in 1888, WMU is a missions organization that has educated and involved generations upon generations in Christian missions. Our purpose—to challenge Christian believers to understand and be radically involved in the mission of God—is accomplished through our age-level missions organizations and hands-on missions opportunities.
WMU is a nonprofit organization headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, that offers a vast array of missions resources including curriculum for age-level organizations in churches, volunteer opportunities, conferences, leadership training, ministry ideas and models, books, and much more.
Responsibilities• Write, edit and/or copyedit stories, articles, and columns for WorldCrafts.org and/or NewHopePublishers.com
• Edit and format podcasts for WorldCrafts.org and/or NewHopePublishers.com
• Revise and rewrite outdated content to revitalize and/or resell
• Assist with researching, requesting, and tracking proposed endorsers
• Assist with preparing and uploading content to WorldCrafts.org and NewHopePublishers.com (tagging, keywords, headlines, hyperlinking content, writing short descriptions)
• Identifying marketing hooks for monthly content
• Writing and posting content to Facebook
• Assist with catalog development
• Write press releases
• Edit and copyedit book manuscripts at various stages of production – first read, initial copy edit and clean up, macro files, verification and permissions check, second copy edit, endorsement and media galleys, PDF proof checks against layout designs, press proof, errata filing, cover proofs
• Participate in reading and evaluating book manuscripts for marketability and design
• Read book proposals and participate in team discussions regarding potential acquisitions
• Participate in team meeting discussing issues of paper, costing of printing and packaging, titling and covering, marketing of content, and other publishing issues