Fashion Journalism InternshipCapitally
Paid Journalism InternVOICES OF SILENCE non-profit organization
Breaking news opportunity at BNO NewsBNO News B.V.
Blog WriterBreak the Silence Against Domestic Violence
Assistant Managing EditorLPB Media
Editors invited to intern for The Epoch Herald, an international magazine.The Epoch Herald
Social Media Writing internship at Media company in the Editorial DeptNew Media Publishing Group
PR / Journalism Intern ExtraordinairePahRoo
Rivals.com Recruiting Analyst Internship -- SoutheastBookmark This
Posted: August 09 2016
Company Location: Atlanta, GA
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: 5 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionRivals.com is the market leader in college football recruiting coverage. A Yahoo! owned company, Rivals.com covers college football prospects' recruitment and compiles the most accurate prospect rankings in the business. We offer a unique opportunity to work in the competitive world of sports news while providing valuable real-world experience through interviewing, local team and game coverage, and developing contacts through networking. Depending on how far the intern is willing to take this internship, there could be some football scouting training as well.
This is an unpaid internship that can count for college credit if necessary, however, expenses will be reimbursed.
ResponsibilitiesMost of the work will be done from home, with the opportunity to cover games in and around the Atlanta area. Applicant doesn't have to be based in Atlanta
Day-to-day work will be done under the direction of a Rivals.com Recruiting Analyst.
The person in the position will also receive published bylines on Rivals.com and it's affiliate websites and have the opportunity to pitch and produce long form and/or video features as well.
RequirementsA prospective intern must:
1. Be willing to attend and work alongside a Rivals.com Recruiting Analyst at games and camps throughout the fall.
2. Be able to conduct phone interviews with high school athletes about recruiting.
3. Have a background in or major in journalism, communications, sports and entertainment management, etc
4. Have written and oral communications skills
5. Be self-motivated
6. Have the ability to develop and cultivate working relationships
7. Have experience will social media, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Periscope, etc.