Jounalism InternshipLos Angeles
Spring / Summer Political Speech Writer DemocratOur Community is Our Land
Newsletter NinjaBeloved Streets of America
Breaking news opportunity at BNO NewsBNO News B.V.
Creative and Talented Journalists/Bloggers Needed For Print and Digital Publishing CompanyAPG Publishing
Editorial / Journalism InternEagle group
Journalist/ reporterThe Claire Life Mini Mag
Science Journalism InternshipBookmark This
Posted: August 11 2016
Company Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 6 Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionPublication: BioTechniques.com (part of Informa Healthcare)
Description: We are currently seeking several science journalism interns to develop and write stories for our online news section at BioTechniques.com. This is a unique opportunity to participate in multimedia science news content creation from inception to publication. The proposed length of the internship is six (6) months, with interns expected to work 10-15 hours each week.
Payment: Interns will be compensated for the internship period
Location: This will be a virtual internship; candidates will work remotely and communicate with the editors, reporters, and other interns on a regular basis via Skype, phone, and email.
• Research and pitch story ideas for the news section of the website
• Gather information through tips, press releases, external contacts, and events
• Interview life science researchers and industry professionals for news stories
• Write articles for an audience of professional biomedical researchers
• Attend weekly group meetings and individual story review sessions with the News Editor and Editor-in-Chief via Skype
• Edit stories
• Work to enhance stories with multimedia as needed (podcasts, video interviews)
• The ideal candidate should be enrolled in a science journalism MA program or have completed a bachelor degree in journalism with a science emphasis
• Candidates should have excellent writing and editing skills
• Candidates should be detail-oriented, resourceful, and self-motivated
• Candidates should be able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Background in science, preferably biology