Video BroadcasterCulture Magazine
15/Hour Paid CNBC News Desk Internship - Fall 2017CNBC
Editorial / Journalism Intern for Tattoo TechnologiesTattoo Technologies
Digital Magazine Writer (Volunteer/ Intern)The Style Vibe
Writing ProgrammeThe Indian Economist
Editorial / Journalism InternZeamo
Lifestyle Writer InternThe Quintessential Gentleman
Music Writer InternThe Quintessential Gentleman
Social Media guruBookmark This
The Catholic Free Press
51 Elm St.
Posted: June 09 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Catholic Free Press is the official newspaper of the Diocese of Worcester. It is published weekly and has a website, electronic edition, Facebook and Twitter accounts. We are looking for someone to help us enhance the newspaper's print and online products with creative, informative writing. We currently deliver to 12,000 homes, parishes and businesses. Our website is accessed annually by 85,000 people from around the globe. We are looking or a person with a working knowledge of the Catholic Church, who can work independently and carry out creative ideas. Hours are very flexible; credit is available based on college's requirements.
ResponsibilitiesA clear sense of what is news is required. Also, extensive knowledge of the inner workings of Facebook, Twitter and e-mail-based communication platforms such as Constant Contact, and WordPress.
- Provide support to social media and online efforts to target new audiences.
- Assist with special events to promote newspaper and increase subscriptions.
- Analyze online effectiveness.
- Collaborate on presentations/collateral/advertising for circulation enhancement.
- Pursuing a degree or minor in Marketing/Communications
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Possess creativity, flexibility.
- Should be open-minded, a fast learner, enthusiastic, and adaptable.