Ghost Writer/Journalism Writer UNPAID Internship for FINANCE BLOGMorowati Consulting
Editorial / Journalism InternTorrent Pharmaceutical Ltd
Editorial / Journalism InternEnvato Group
Pop Culture Editorial InternshipThe Daily411
SOCIAL MEDIA BLOGGER INTERNSHIPintice
CELEBRITY NEWS BLOGGER INTERNSHIPintice
Editorial / Journalism InternISPEN GROUP
Fashion ColumnistSociety Row
Sports Reporting InternshipBookmark This
TAP Into, LLC
Multiple Locations throughout Central/Northern New Jersey
New Providence, NJ
Posted: November 12 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 10 Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAre you looking to learn about and get real world experience in local sports journalism? TAP Into is a network of hyperlocal news website franchises that delivers original, objective, award-winning, community-based news, sports, events and more. Our sites are individually owned and operated in each town/territory by people who have a passion for community news.
Our Sports Reporting Interns work with TAP Into’s Town Editors/Franchisees or TAP Into’s Sports Editor (based on placement). The interns learn the ins-and-outs of the local sporting reporting news business from the perspective of a reporter. They will gain significant experience in covering high school sports news and events. Interns will also attend monthly seminars with TAP Into’s professional staff to further learn about hyperlocal journalism.
Our interns are expected to complete the minimum mandated hours as outlined in their college/university course syllabus. TAP Into Staff will monitor and work closely with all parties involved to ensure that all internship conditions are met by the end of each semester.
During their time with TAP Into, our interns will spend a substantial amount of time out in the field, both with and without immediate supervision. When it’s time to write a story, interns are free to produce their content from wherever they chose by the deadline assigned to each story.
TAP Into will attempt to assign interns stories in a town that is a reasonable distance from their residence and/or college/university. Moderate travel is required to attend games, interviews and TAP Into seminars.
This is an UNPAID position with no guarantee of future employment with TAP into.
Interns report directly to the Editor/Franchisee of the town in which they are placed and TAP Into’s Sports Editor. TAP Into’s Internship Director will oversee all intern placement and work in conjunction with TAP Into’s Town Editors/Franchisees to ensure all college requirements are completed.
ResponsibilitiesTAP Into internships are a hands-on experience where no two days are alike. Our Sports Reporting Interns work hand-in-hand with our town editors/Franchisees, as well as TAP Into’s Staff to learn and experience the evolving field of local sports journalism. Reporting by our Interns is reviewed and edited by our Town Editors and professional staff who supply constructive feedback to develop the students into stronger reporters.
Additionally, Sports Reporting Interns are expected to:
• Partner with a TAP Into Town Editor/Franchisee or TAP Into’s Sports Editor to produce daily and weekly news content related to general sports topics (i.e. high school game coverage, coach/player profiles, breaking news and community athletic events)
• Attend pitch meetings with the assigned Editor to develop weekly/monthly storyboards
• Write feature articles on a variety of topics developed by the assigned Editor
• Assist in the editing of high school sports box scores and other announcements
• Join online conference calls on a bi-weekly basis with the rest of the internship class for advanced seminars on professional reporting techniques
• Complete all necessary coursework related to this internship as outlined by their college/university.
RequirementsInterested candidates must meet the following criteria to be eligible for this opportunity.
Suggested qualifications include:
• Must receive Academic Credit
• An interest in high school sports.
• Previous internship or sports writing experience preferred.
• Reliable means of transportation to/from assigned events.
• Excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills.
• Self-starter who can take direction and contribute ideas for stories
• The ability to work independently on projects while meeting deadlines.
• Photography and video skills a plus.
• Community development knowledge/experience a plus.