Breaking News EditorWhoWhatWhy
Editorial / Journalism InternCulture Magazine
INTERNSHIP: Journalist /Travel Content WriterTrend Prive Magazine
INTERNSHIP: CopywriterTrend Prive Magazine
Photography/Journalism InternshipRespect The Pound LLC
Article Writing InternshipRespect The Pound LLC
Summer 2017 InternshipsBookmark This
The Seattle Times
1000 Denny Way
Posted: September 23 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionNext summer, you could be paid to train in your chosen profession at the Northwest’s leading news media organization. Every year, The Seattle Times and seattletimes.com offer paid summer internships to outstanding students pursuing a journalism career. For 10 weeks, interns attend weekly training sessions
with members of The Seattle Times’ Pulitzer Prizewinning staff and work on a variety of assignments adding up to invaluable experience at a quality metropolitan newspaper and website.
• Applicants for metro internships should have strong reporting, writing and multimedia skills
• Provide links to five samples of your reporting work
• Applicants MUST have a car
• Applicants should have strong sports knowledge, as well as reporting, writing and
• Provide five samples of your work
• Applicants MUST have a car
• Applicants must have strong reporting, writing and public records skills, data skills a plus
• Provide links to five examples of your work, including those that show deep reporting
• Applicants must have strong language skills and some editing experience on multiple platforms
• Finalists will take a copy editing test
• Applicants must have strong computer, drawing and data visualization skills
• Provide a digital portfolio with links to as many as 20 samples of your work, including
info graphics, both static and interactive; and illustrations
Digital and Interactives
• Knowledge of Wordpress, Excel, and/or SQL is also valuable
• Provide a link to your online portfolio containing 20–30 images that include news, features,
portraits, sports, at least one photo story and an example of video work
• Applicants MUST have a car and photo equipment
To apply, submit the following materials via our online application. We will accept applications through November 15, 2016.
• Provide a link to your online portfolio containing 20–30 images that include news, features, portraits, sports, at least one photo story and an example of video work.
• Cover letter (uploaded to your application as an attachment). Please include the name of the specific internship concentration in the name of the document. Example: CopyEditingCoverLetter.
• Resume (uploaded to your application as an attachment). Please include the name of the specific internship concentration in the name of the document. Example: CopyEditingResume.
• Names of three references familiar with your work (with at least one reference being a former manager or supervisor)
Please note: file size limit is 4MB (4,000KB)
No phone calls/emails, please.
Apply to link provided, ONLY.
APPLY HERE ONLY: http://bit.ly/181EgMF