High School EditorThe Honestly
High School Content WriterThe Honestly
Editorial / Journalism InternCairo Group
Journalist for a Grassroots OrganizationNYAToday
Editorial / Journalism InternThe Unnamed Collective
Content WriterOur Shea-Bar
Junior Business WriterQuantumrun
Technology Editorial InternBookmark This
Posted: October 02 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThis internship is with a startup working in the educational space. It is an exciting opportunity to write articles about new technologies and trends and to and see the popularity of your articles grow.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus