Editorial / Journalism InternCovered Community
Intership Opportunity for Digital Journalist with Personality757 Media
Editorial / Journalism InternAliveMind
Globe Afrique is Looking for Journalists to Write About Africa & the DiasporaGlobe Afrique
International - Global Journalism Internship - Remote - VirtualIVANNOVATION
Winter Editorial InternshipChicago Agent Publishing
Social Media Marketing // Content CreatorThe Social Group
JOURNALISM / MARKETING INTERNSHIP (Remote)(Private)
Video Games News Reporter/ReviewerBookmark This
Posted: September 02 2016
Company Location: Chicago, IL
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 5 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionTheYoungFolks.com – Film News Writing Internship – Fall 2016 Semester
Structure: Fifteen week internship. Ten hours per week. Sunday – Saturday. Time is VERY flexible. Editors will be available to guide interns from 7 AM EST to 11 PM EST daily. Interns can work from home or any other desired location.
The Video Games News Reporter/Reviewer intern will help us update TheYoungFolks.com with exclusive and newsworthy articles about the latest news and reviews in gaming. Opportunities to interview talent and attend gaming conferences may arise.
As a fun and engaging website for young people, The Young Folks’ main focus is to deliver a young approach to film, books, music, television, video games, etc. to those in need of a fresh and relatable perspective. We often see a disconnect between professional critics and young people when it comes to pop culture. Therefore, we want to give the young folks of the world a chance to read and learn about the latest in entertainment in a way that isn’t condescending or diminutive of the young people pop culture. Everything written on The Young Folks are by young people for young people (and, of course, the young at heart)!
This is a non-paid position, but we do offer college credit. It's a great opportunity to express your opinions on entertainment to a large audience and take advantage of the fun perks that come along with being part of The Young Folks team.
• Gather new story and feature ideas
• Write/produce news stories
• Write/produce reviews
• Write/produce features
• Create videos to supplement news stories, reviews or features
• Collaborate with the TYF Staff on various articles and projects
• Learn how to use and navigate a content management system
• Integrate optimal SEO techniques in all news articles
• Event Coverage: During the internship, it’s possible (depending on the intern’s location) we’ll assign the intern to cover gaming expos and conferences.
The internship is very hands-on, and an editor will always be available to guide and assist the intern with each step of the way.
Requirements- Must be enrolled in high school, college or a graduate
- Proficient in English Grammar
- Proficient in using new technologies, web-based platforms and social media networks.
- VERY familiar with both current and past entertainment and pop culture
- Self-starter; organized; able to multitask and balance multiple assignments