Newsletter NinjaBeloved Streets of America
Editorial / Journalism InternTBC Media Group, LLC
Editorial / Journalism InternDirect Cannabis Network
Fashion Writer InternThe Quintessential Gentleman
Editorial / Journalism InternOphir Energy Plc.
MUSIC/ENTERTAINMENT BLOGGER INTERNSHIPintice
CELEBRITY NEWS BLOGGER INTERNSHIPintice
SOCIAL MEDIA BLOGGER INTERNSHIPintice
Web Content (Writing) Intern - Graduate School LevelBookmark This
TechNexus: 20 N. Upper Wacker Drive, Suite 1200
Posted: September 17 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCareContent, Inc. provides content marketing services to healthcare organizations mainly through blogs and social media. Powering these blogs and social media channels with content is often a struggle for hospitals, physician practices and health insurers. That’s where CareContent comes in.
We help hospitals build online communities and attract patients by sharing relevant, compelling content. None of that boring disease 101 stuff. We create great content for people who are either trying to live healthier or who are in some of the worst medical situations of their lives.
Our main services are:
1. Content strategy – laying out the goals, target audience, and tactics
2. Content creation – this is the primary service we offer. We can build a reserve of customizable, visually designed, search–optimized web content with exclusive drafts for each client
3. Content management – we can manage the back end of the blog to ensure that content is posted according to the editorial calendar, promoted on social media and tracked for performance
The Web Content internship is for 3 to 6 months. Pay is $10/hour for 15-30 hours per week, depending on our needs and the intern’s availability. The Web Content Intern is all about making sure that blog content is:
1) Awesome and compelling for the target audience
2) Delivered on time
3) Promoted on social media
4) Tracked for performance
Personality traits – The Web Content Intern...
• Is a researcher, journalist and creative writer who can crank out well-researched blog posts on deadline
• Has a journalistic instinct to gather the who, what, why, when and where during research and interviews
• Believes typos and missing deadlines without prior notice is totally unacceptable
• Can step into the reality of someone who’s just heard the doctor say, “I’ve got some bad news...”
• Is genuinely interested in the clinical, social, financial and emotional aspects of healthcare
• Can balance working with a team and independently, working onsite and working remotely
• Respects visual design as an important part of helping people understand complex information
• Understands the value of voice and tone to connect with the target audience
Duties – The Web Content Specialist will be responsible for ...
• Generating content ideas for client blogs
• Creating content for client blogs and social media, i.e. interviewing client sources, researching, writing, editing and proofreading the content
• Ensuring that client content is posted on time and promoted on social media
• Drafting analytics reports on client sites and social media
• Writing posts and helping with social media for the CareContent blog
RequirementsExperience and interest in writing about healthcare
Master's degree candidates or post-graduate school students
Software skills needed and What you’ll learn
• Hootesuite: How to decipher medical information from clinical sources
• Wordpress admin panel: How to narrate through clinical info so patients understand it
• Google apps: How to craft medical web content for easy navigation on any device
• Trello: Social media tactics to increase engagement
SkillsRequired - Google Apps, Managing Deadlines, Content Creation, Fresh Ideas, Content Delivery
Preferred - Healthcare, Google Adwords