- Internships /
- Journalism /
- Writer-reviewer/social media coordinator/web site contributor/advertising assistant
Fashion Writer InternThe Quintessential Gentleman
Editorial / Journalism InternOphir Energy Plc.
MUSIC/ENTERTAINMENT BLOGGER INTERNSHIPintice
CELEBRITY NEWS BLOGGER INTERNSHIPintice
SOCIAL MEDIA BLOGGER INTERNSHIPintice
ChucksConnection InternshipHal Peterson Media Services
Newsletter NinjaBeloved Streets of America
Spring Intern Writers Needed Blog focus- Housing/ Social Justice/ Crime / Jobs /Wellness/CommunityOur Community is Our Land
Writer-reviewer/social media coordinator/web site contributor/advertising assistantBookmark This
Posted: June 16 2016
Company Location: Shirley, MA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionGain valuable hands-on journalistic experience working directly with the publisher/editor of Progression magazine, now in its 24th year of publication covering the wide spectrum of progressive music worldwide. Progression is a quarterly print publication seeking to expand its reach via the Internet (web site) and social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and seeks savvy, imaginative self-starters to help move things along. Skilled writers demonstrating familiarity with Progression's subject matter will have the opportunity to interview musicians, write feature articles, review concerts/albums, etc. for both print and web site. We also are seeking help cultivating advertising for both print and web display. The Massachusetts-based magazine chronicles the "prog" music scene internationally with a U.S.-centric emphasis. As these positions are "virtual" (handled via telephone and e-mail) your location is of minor importance, although successful candidates from the greater Boston area/New England may meet with the publisher as needed.
* Posting regular (several times a week) updates to the magazine's social-media platforms, distilled/edited from press releases and other information sources.
* Writing articles and reviews for both print and web.
* Cultivating new advertising leads for both print magazine and web site.
Requirements* Working knowledge of social media.
* Working knowledge of the Associated Press Stylebook.
* Availability to turn around small projects on short notice.