- Internships /
- Journalism /
- Writer-reviewer/social media coordinator/web site contributor/advertising assistant
Philly's That Music Mag Needs an Intern Editor ASAPThat Music Mag
Journalism internship at Magazine/Publishing in the Editorial deptNew Media Publishing Group
Sports Journalist InternBlasting News
Research assistant for blogs on US Foreign PolicyWork Plus Product LLP
Web DeveloperWork Plus Product LLP
SEO Writers WantedEntity Magazine
SEO Writer's WorkshopEntity Magazine
Editorial / Journalism InternPure Meli Media LLC.
Writer-reviewer/social media coordinator/web site contributor/advertising assistantBookmark This
Posted: June 16 2016
Company Location: Shirley, MA
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionGain valuable hands-on journalistic experience working directly with the publisher/editor of Progression magazine, now in its 24th year of publication covering the wide spectrum of progressive music worldwide. Progression is a quarterly print publication seeking to expand its reach via the Internet (web site) and social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and seeks savvy, imaginative self-starters to help move things along. Skilled writers demonstrating familiarity with Progression's subject matter will have the opportunity to interview musicians, write feature articles, review concerts/albums, etc. for both print and web site. We also are seeking help cultivating advertising for both print and web display. The Massachusetts-based magazine chronicles the "prog" music scene internationally with a U.S.-centric emphasis. As these positions are "virtual" (handled via telephone and e-mail) your location is of minor importance, although successful candidates from the greater Boston area/New England may meet with the publisher as needed.
* Posting regular (several times a week) updates to the magazine's social-media platforms, distilled/edited from press releases and other information sources.
* Writing articles and reviews for both print and web.
* Cultivating new advertising leads for both print magazine and web site.
Requirements* Working knowledge of social media.
* Working knowledge of the Associated Press Stylebook.
* Availability to turn around small projects on short notice.